Sunday, January 27, 2008

maybe I'll take the train next time

my plan for this morning was to take the bus from munnar to coimbatore -- the guy at the tourist information center told me that it left at 6:30am from the bus stand in town. easy enough, right? not really.

after I finally found the unmarked bus stand, 6:30 came and went, so I started asking the locals, "what time does the bus to coimbatore leave?" I got the following responses:

"6:30"
"6:40"
"7:00"
"7:20"
"9:00"
"10:20"
"5pm"
"6pm"
"there is no 6:30 bus"
"there is sometimes a 6:30 bus"
"there's a 6:30 bus but it leaves at 7"
"do you want tea or coffee?"

all spoken with the trademark head wobble, my absolute favorite.

yet another reason to love india.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hahaha... that definatley brings back memories.